What CITA Can Do For You
CITA gives our members a voice with Government through advocacy, provides networking opportunities and information dissemination that helps Canadian businesses remain competitive through a cost-effective, safe and efficient transportation system.
CITA membership brings with it many valuable benefits, including:
- Government Relations & Advocacy: CITA is industry's major contact with government on freight transportation issues. CITA can also advise members on the appropriate government officials that should be contacted on specific transportations issues and, where appropriate, can arrange and accompany member representatives at meetings with government officials.
- News: Members are kept informed on current issues through the monthly e-newsletter and on emerging issues through special e-mail notices.
- Transportation Issues: Weekly distribution of Canadian and U.S. diesel fuel RACK rates related to trucking. These rates help to determine fair and reasonable responses to fuel surcharge requests.
- Committees: CITA has four major modal committees that meet as required to discuss important issues and develop CITA positions. The four committees include air, marine, rail, and truck.
- Global Shippers Forum: CITA is the Canadian member of the Global Shippers Forum and, as such, has access to information on initiatives of other governments and international agencies.
- Networking: Members enjoy great opportunities to meet potential business partners and others who lead and influence the industry through participation on committees, our annual conference and exhibition, and at various briefing sessions.
- Knowledge: You will be eligible to attend various seminars, briefing sessions, and our annual conference & exhibition at member discounts and will have access to the most current information to better manage your logistics.
- Benchmarking: You can measure the effectiveness of your logistics operations using CITA's annual benchmarking survey.
- Publications: You will have access to CITA's Standard Bill of Lading. You will also receive our monthly newsletter and our annual magazine, The Shipper ADVOCATE.
- Advertising and Promotion: CITA offers valuable opportunities to sponsor during leading edge events. Advertising opportunities are available in the magazine and the website for added exposure. We also offer free listings for members to post job openings within their company on our website and monthly e-news bulletin.
- Media Spokesperson: CITA is sought after by both the main-stream and trade media to provide shipper views on current events and issues.
- Website Services: The website offers a wealth of information and valuable industry links that members can use every day. In addition, you will have access to the members-only portion of the website.
Only CITA has the focus and expertise to seize opportunities in this ever-changing global economy. Join today and be part of the growing number of companies that have chosen CITA as their VOICE!